Skip to the content.
How do I add a printer to a Windows PC?
- Connect your printer to your computer using a USB cable or ensure that your printer is on the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
- Open the “Settings” app by pressing the Windows key + I.
- Click on “Devices.”
- Click on “Printers & scanners” in the left-hand pane.
- Click on the “Add a printer or scanner” button.
- Windows will now search for printers connected to your computer or on your network. If your printer is found, click on it and follow the prompts to install the necessary drivers.
- If your printer is not found, follow the steps below.
- Windows will now install the necessary drivers and add your printer to the list of available printers.
Windows couldn’t find my printer automatically.
- Click on “The printer that I want isn’t listed.”
- Select the option for adding a printer using an IP address or name.
- Enter the IP address or hostname of your printer and click “Next.”
- Windows will now attempt to connect to your printer. If successful, select the appropriate driver from the list provided and click “Next.”
- Give your printer a name that you will recognize and click “Next.”